Originally opened in 1959, the Livermore Area Parks and Recreation Department has used the facility as a recreation center, a senior center, a district office and a general meeting site over the years.
More recently it has been a home to local artists and musicians, teachers and students of the arts, including performing arts. Workspace is available for rent at reasonable rates, as are building space rental for special events.
In 2009, adjacent property was improved to include a park area with tot lot, picnic tables and barbeque pits and bocce courts. With it’s proximity to downtown, this is a convenient venue for local artists whose work is often displayed in downtown locations.