We Received Multiple Offers – Which Should We Choose?
Getting an offer quickly is great, and more than one? Even better. Your house was priced correctly and appealed to a variety of buyers. In the Tri Valley real estate market, many sellers experience multiple offers, and this isn’t just at the lower price points –the competition is fierce.
Your agent will give you guidance on this, but here are a few tips.
- You don’t need to counter each and every offer.
- Price isn’t the only consideration. How strong is the buyer’s financing? If they can’t make it to the closing table, the offer price won’t mean a thing.
- Narrow your choices to those that satisfy the most important aspects of your move. If you need to find a replacement home, someone with flexible possession dates may make things much less stressful.
- If the offer is non-contingent, VERIFY. More than one seller and their agent have been misled by this fact.
- How have your agent’s dealings been with the buyer’s agent? Someone who has been polite, professional, competent and timely during the offer stage, is apt to be that way throughout the transaction.
- Treat everyone fairly. Transactions fall apart, and you may be re-visiting these offers for a back-up if things don’t work out the first time.
Did you like this? Share it: